How can I become a Health Inspector?
The inspectors that regulate food facilities, swimming pools, housing, and water quality are Registered Environmental Health Specialists. The minimum education and registration requirements for a Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) are listed in the California Code of Regulations, Title 17. All Environmental Health Specialist trainees must be approved by the California State Department of Health Services (DHS) prior to beginning training with the County. To submit your college transcripts for evaluation, contact the DHS REHS Program, at 916-449-5663.
Show all Categories