How do I file a report, if I think I got sick from food?
All reports of possible foodborne illness reported to this Division are investigated. If you believe that you became ill due to a food product purchased in Orange County, you may call 714-433-6000 to report the incident. Be prepared to answer questions about the onset, time, duration, and types of symptoms. Try to compile a list of all foods and drinks consumed for the two days prior to the first signs of illness, as this information is critical for the investigation.

Some commercially distributed prepackaged foods, are regulated by other state or federal agencies. The Environmental Health Division can assist in making referrals to the correct agency.
Show all Categories