Am I exempt from an Orange County health permit if I am registered with the California Food and Drug Branch, Processed Food Registration Program?
No, a health permit from the County of Orange shall be obtained in conjunction with other licenses, registrations, or certificates from other agencies. However, you are not required to have a County of Orange health permit if your activities include only one or more of the following food processing activities: bottling of water; pet food processing; oyster, clam, and mussel handling/processing; olive oil processing; food supplements (i.e. vitamins); and low-acid food canning.

In addition, a County of Orange health permit is not needed if your activities only consist of processing milk and dairy products under a valid license issued by the California Department of Food and Agriculture.
Show all Categories