A wild animal bit my son. What should we do?
By law animal bites or exposures are reportable to the county's Animal Care Services at (714) 935-6106. Having the following information will help us evaluate the need to recommend post-exposure treatment for rabies. What is the type of animal involved? Is the animal still in your or someone else's possession? When, where and how did the incident occur? If it is a domestic animal such as a dog or cat, has it been vaccinated for rabies?

Public Health will assess the risk of rabies and indications for rabies post-exposure treatment. If treatment is indicated, Public Health will offer the treatment to individuals who do not have medical coverage. We will refer you to your physician if you have medical insurance. We can assist your physician, if needed, to ensure prompt treatment.
Show all Categories