Who should obtain a permit?
You, as the property owner, or your authorized agent may obtain permits for your property. An authorized agent is a licensed contractor or any individual who brings a notarized letter from the property owner designating them as their agent for the purpose of obtaining permits. If, however, you are contracting to have the work done it is always wise to have the contractor obtain the permits. In this way, you can be sure the contractor retains the responsibility to call for, and receive approval of all required inspections.

Please refer to the State of California Contractor’s State License Board (CSLB) for important contractor information and to verify that your contractor is licensed.
Show all Categories