What documentation do I need to bring with me when I turn in my completed application?
An applicant needs to provide a state driver's license or ID card, or government issued ID card. An individual applicant's particular situation might necessitate additional documentation depending upon his or her circumstances. The Sheriff's interviewer will inform the applicant which additional documents (if any) will be needed after interviewing the applicant. At a minimum, additional documents will include a birth certificate or other proof of lawful alien residency in the U.S., utility bills and military discharge form (DD 214) if applicable. The applicant may, but is not required to submit at least three signed letters of character reference from individuals other than relatives.
Show all Categories