What is the difference between SSI Medi-Cal and “County” Medi-Cal?
If you receive SSI/SSP payments, your Social Security Administration (SSA) Office automatically sets up Medi-Cal for you. No separate application for Medi-Cal is needed. People not receiving SSI/SSP must apply for Medi-Cal with the county Social Services Agency (SSA). The Social Security Administration is in no way affiliated with the county Social Services Agency.
Show all Categories