Assessment Appeals Information

Sometimes property owners may consider the assessed value to be high and need to contact the Assessor Department. We welcome the opportunity to answer any of your questions and explain your assessment. However, if after contacting the Assessor Department, your value concerns are not resolved, you can file a formal assessment appeals application with the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors (COB). 

Appeals application of regular annual assessments must be filed between July 2 and November 30. Appeals of Supplemental or Escape Assessments must be filed within 60 days of the date of "Notice of Supplemental Assessment" or "Notice of Enrollment of Escape Assessment".

Your appeals application must be filed with the Clerk of the Board’s office by calling (714) 834-2331 for assistance or please visit