When an adult or juvenile is placed on probation and is ordered by the court to pay restitution, the responsibility for collecting restitution falls to the probation department. By law, restitution amounts in adult and juvenile cases are determined by the Probation Department with concurrence by the Court and defendant. In addition, each probationer must be assessed for their ability to pay, with monthly payments set accordingly. Please see the attached brochures for specific information on either juvenile or adult restitution, and the process for documenting losses, collection of restitution, and disbursement of funds collected from probationers to victims.

California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)

  • Assists and maintains jurisdiction of restitution for AB-109 offenders.

    Click here for CDCR restitution information.