(SANTA ANA, CA) –Airline passenger traffic at John Wayne Airport increased in October 2022 as compared to October 2021. In October 2022, the Airport served 1,079,792 passengers, an increase of 23.6% when compared with the October 2021 passenger traffic count of 873,422.
- Compared to 307,865 passengers in October 2020, there was an increase of 250.7%.
- Compared to 897,873 passengers in October 2019, there was an increase of 20.3%.
Commercial aircraft operations in October 2022 of 8,466 increased 15.3% and commuter aircraft operations of 567 increased 8.2% when comparing with October 2021 levels.
- Compared to 2020 levels of commercial aircraft operations, there was an increase of 154.1% and commuter aircraft operations increased 10.7%.
- Compared to 2019 levels of commercial aircraft operations, there was an increase of 11.8% and commuter aircraft operations increased 23.0%.
Total aircraft operations decreased in October 2022 as compared with the same month in 2021. In October 2022, there were 26,005 total aircraft operations (takeoffs and landings) a 0.6% decrease compared to 26,160 total aircraft operations in October 2021.
- Compared to October 2020 of 22,905, total aircraft operations increased 13.5%.
- Compared to October 2019 of 25,468, total aircraft operations increased 2.1%.
General aviation activity of 16,917 accounted for 65.1% of the total aircraft operations during October 2022, and decreased 7.4% compared with October 2021.
- Compared to October 2020 general aviation activity of 18,984, which accounted for 82.8% of total aircraft operations, operations decreased 10.9%.
- Compared to October 2019, general aviation activity of 17,317, which accounted for 67.9% of total aircraft operations, operations decreased 2.3%.
The top three airlines in October 2022 based on passenger count were Southwest Airlines (412,370), United Airlines (155,195), and American Airlines (155,070).
John Wayne Airport
Monthly Airport Statistics - October 2022
Aircraft used for regularly scheduled air service, configured with not more than seventy (70) seats, and operating at weights not more than ninety thousand (90,000) pounds.
|Passenger Carriers (incidental belly cargo):
|Current cargo tonnage figures in this report are for:
Includes all Canada and Mexico Commercial passengers and operations.
John Wayne Airport (SNA) is owned by the County of Orange and is operated as a self-supporting enterprise that receives no general fund tax revenue. The Airport serves more than 10 million passengers annually and reaches more than 30 nonstop destinations in the United States, Canada and Mexico. More information can be found at www.ocair.com. Like us on facebook.com/johnwayneairport, or follow us on Twitter @johnwayneair and Instagram @johnwayneair.
To receive John Wayne Airport news releases automatically, go to www.ocair.com and click Subscribe.