(SANTA ANA, CA) – As the busy holiday travel season quickly approaches, airports across the country are anticipating another year of record passenger volume. The Thanksgiving holiday is one of the most heavily traveled periods, and passengers traveling through John Wayne Airport (JWA) between Friday, November 18 and Monday, November 28 will experience higher-than-normal passenger traffic.
Passengers are encouraged to plan accordingly to avoid delays and enjoy stress-free holiday travel. Review the following tips to help you go from curbside, through security checkpoints, and to your gate.
Before Arriving to the Airport
- Check your live flight status and tracking information on our website or directly with your airline. Checking the flight status enables travelers as well as those picking up travelers to stay up to date with travel times.
- All passengers are encouraged to arrive 90 minutes to two hours before scheduled departure times for domestic flights and three hours before international flights to find parking, check luggage, and go through security screening.
- Airport parking structures are likely to reach capacity during peak travel periods. Travelers should plan to check real-time parking availability online or by calling 949-252-5200.
- Parking Structures A1, A2, B2, and C are located adjacent to and directly across from the Riley Terminal at a rate of $2/hour up to $20/day.
- The Main St. Parking Lot located at 15132 Main St. in Irvine is available for $14/day with free shuttle service to/from the Riley Terminal every 15 minutes between 4:30 a.m. and 12:00 a.m. Shuttle buses are lift-equipped.
- Curbside Valet Parking is available for $30/day and is located on the Departure (upper) Level curbside between Terminals A and B and Terminals B and C. On your return, call 949-252-6260 or 2-4018 from any White Courtesy phone for service. If arriving after 8:00pm, call the number on the signage posted at the valet booth for service.
- Electric Vehicle (EV) parking spots are located on Level 1 and 2 inside Terminal Parking Structure A and Level 1 inside Terminal Parking Structures B, C and at the Main St. Parking Lot. EV reflective signage and parking space surface markings identify available charging stations.
- Visitors can wait until passengers are ready to be picked up and temporarily park for free at the JWA Cell Phone Waiting Lot. Located south of Parking Structure C near the corner of MacArthur Blvd. and Campus Dr., the lot has 94 designated spaces, including four ADA designated spaces.
- Color-coded and numbered columns along the white curb on the Arrival (lower level) roadway quickly identify where to meet arriving passengers. Terminal A is pink, Terminal B is blue and Terminal C is orange.
- Arriving guests should be aware of ride app pick-up locations on the Departure (upper level) in Parking Structures A2 and B2 directly across from the Riley Terminal and in Parking Structure C on Level 3 next to the Southwest ticketing area. Ride app drop-off locations are curbside on the Departure Level. More information is available on our App-Based Rideshare page.
- TSA no longer requires masks in transportation settings. Guests and employees have the option to wear a mask during travel or while working. Travelers are advised to check with their airline and destination airport for local guidelines. Visit TSA.gov for the latest announcement on the policy.
- Healthy Travels practices have been implemented throughout the Terminal following County and State guidelines to protect the health and safety of all guests. Visit www.ocair.com/covid19 for a list of FAQs or view the JWA Healthy Travels video.
- Airlines servicing the Airport have procedures in place to enhance the health and safety of passengers. Please contact your airline for questions regarding health requirements to board the aircraft. See airlines serving JWA for airline contact information.
- Hoag Health in Terminal B in the Departure level, pre-security, provides COVID-19 Rapid Testing. Results are available within 15-30 minutes. Testing is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. For more information on Hoag services at JWA visit our Hoag Health Services page or call 949-557-0666.
John Wayne Airport wishes all airport guests safe travels. For more information about the airport visit ocair.com.
John Wayne Airport (SNA) is owned by the County of Orange and is operated as a self-supporting enterprise that receives no general fund tax revenue. The Airport serves more than 10 million passengers annually and reaches more than 30 nonstop destinations in the United States, Canada and Mexico. More information can be found at www.ocair.com. Like us on facebook.com/johnwayneairport, or follow us on Twitter @johnwayneair and Instagram @johnwayneair.
To receive John Wayne Airport news releases automatically, go to www.ocair.com and click Subscribe.