Share what you LOVE most about Orange County, California. Whether it’s the beaches, sunny skies or other features of the County you love most, you can take your best photo of Orange County and enter it into our photo contest.
Follow the “Love Orange County” photo contest and get inspired by other participants by liking our Facebook page (@ocgov) and following us on Twitter (@OCGovCA).
How to Enter:
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS BY EMAIL ONLY: Entering is easy and free! Send only ONE image file per email AS AN ATTACHMENT (do not embed image files in the message area) and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Photo Contest Entry.”
For each email, the contestant MUST supply the following information:
- On the email subject line: “Photo Contest Entry”
- In the message area enter:
- First and last name of contestant:
- Contact phone number:
- Email address:
- Title of photograph:
- Date and location where photo was taken:
- No photographs older than three years, please.
By submitting entries, the contestant acknowledges and agrees to the terms of the contest ENTRY AGREEMENT.
If you have questions please email email@example.com.
Deadlines to Enter:
The “Love Orange County” photo contest begins Valentine’s Day – Feb. 14, 2017 – and will run one month, through March 14, 2017. A winner will be announced the week of March 20-24.
Photo entries must be taken by you, and you must have the rights to the photo.
Photos can range from parks, neighborhoods, and beaches to monuments, buildings, libraries, and other views of the County. Photos that feature an identifiable person or persons will not be eligible for entry in the contest.
Entries should convey qualities of Orange County that make the County a safe, healthy and fulfilling place to live, work, and play.
Entries should consider the quality of the photo, artistic composition, and should make sure that the entry appeals to a broad community audience.
Photos will be judged on originality, artistic composition, technical quality, photographic technique and relevance to the County being a “safe, healthy and fulfilling place to live, work and play.” The top three entries will be selected and shared each Friday during the contest.
After March 14, the overall top three photos from the entire month will be posted to Facebook allowing members of the public to vote. Members of the general public who have an active Facebook account and have chosen to “Like” the County of Orange Facebook page (www.facebook.com/ocgov/) will have a chance to vote on the entries. One “Like” counts as one vote, and the entrant earning the most votes during the voting period will be named the winning photo.
The winner of the “Love Orange County” photo contest will receive a certificate of recognition from the County and will have his/her winning photo featured in the lobby of the County Hall of Administration (333 W. Santa Ana Blvd., Santa Ana, CA 92701).
By submitting your photo(s) to the County of Orange, you release all claims to individual copyright and certify you are the rightful owner of said photograph. You authorize the County of Orange (and its departments/agencies) to use your photograph online, in print or in any other medium.
By submitting an entry, you represent and warrant that your entry:
- is your own original work;
- does not contain material or images that are, in the County’s judgment, obscene, inappropriate for a general audience that may include minors, or defamatory;
- does not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other rights of any person or entity;
- does not contain malicious code, such as viruses, timebombs, cancelbots, worms, Trojan horses or other potentially harmful programs or other material or information;
- does not and will not violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, rule or regulation; and does not trigger any reporting or royalty obligation to any third party.
You further represent and warrant that the rights that you are granting do not conflict in any way with any other agreement to which you are a party, or with any commitments, restrictions, or obligations that you are under to any other person or entity.